Alright guys, this post is going to start off with a lot of qualifiers. Here we go!
If you're like me and you like canning, and you like giving your delicious canned goods as gifts, you may find yourself looking for a cute easy way to jazz up your jars! So how about trying these super cute tags for mason jars? It's a fun way to bring a little life to them and make them a little giftier.
And hey, even if you don't can, you can always use this basic concept to make cute tags for any old thing!
Here's what you'll need to make them:
- Tags appropriately sized for your jars and stamp.
- A jar shaped stamp like this one.
- Stamp ink, which is not pictured because some dummy, I can't even begin to know who *ahem*, forgot to put it in the picture.
- A pen that matches your ink. If you're not into matching, totally feel free to use different colors.
- Washi tape in a pattern and color of your choosing.
- Baker's twine. If you have string already lying around you should totally make your own baker's twine using this tutorial over on Radical Possibility!
Apply your washi tape to the edges of your tag. I recommend doing the long sides first, then the short sides, then the diagonals. Be sure to trim off the excess at the ends every time you apply the tape to one of the sides so you can keep everything nice and neat.
Also, be sure to leave plenty of clearance for your stamp! When I placed my tape I would say I set it up so 1/3 of the width was on the front of the tag and the other 2/3 of the width got folded to the back side of the tag.
Press your stamp into your ink and then press your stamp onto the tag.
To help with placement, I usually put the stamp on its end and try to center the design, then rock it down onto the tag. I'm really not great at telling where the stamp is centered on the block so I find this method incredibly helpful!
Write on your tag! I did my best attempt at fancy lettering and wrote the contents of the jar in the jar stamped on the tag (woah.), which in this case was Sour Cherry Preserves. I also always put the best by date on the bottom of the tag so the recipient knows when to use the contents by.
Attach your tags to your jars using the baker's twine, tie a bow and call it a day!
I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial and hope you will now go forth and make adorable tags for every canning and gifting occasion.
Til next time!
P.S. I am clearly a fan of the good old exclamation point. Ya'll would be shocked to see how many are in a post before I edit! Oof.