Since I had quite a lot of blueberries on hand from my blueberry picking trip with my mama, I decided to make a blueberry crisp! I also had a few peaches on hand that needed to be eaten, so I threw those in too.
The result is a sweet, tart, and gooey fruit filling, with a deliciously crisp and buttery topping. Yum!
Blueberry Peach Crisp:
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and roughly chopped
- 5 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Juice of one lemon
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup flour (I used Manini's gluten free)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (I used Bob's Red Mill gluten free oats)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (one stick) butter, melted (you could use vegan butter instead to make the recipe vegan)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F and grab a 9"x13" pan. If you don't have that size, close enough will do!
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the filling.
3. Use a slotted spoon (or your hands, which is what I would have done if I weren't taking pictures!) to gently mix the ingredients until well combined.
4. Pour the filling into your pan, and spread it out evenly.
5. In another large mixing bowl (or the same one!), combine all the topping ingredients except for the butter, and stir to combine.
6. Pour the butter over the top of the topping mixture and mix it with a fork until it forms nice crumbles!
7. Crumble the topping over the filling, being sure to distribute it evenly, and then put your crisp in the oven!
8. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden and, well, crisp.
I hope you guys get a chance to bake up a fruit crisp soon! It's the perfect summer comfort food, and just delicious as can be.
Til next time!
P.S. Don't forget to enter to my giveaway for a gorgeous terrarium necklace from Woodii!
Follow me on: