This recipe is one of my favorites because it is one of the easiest things in the world to put together. With minimal effort you end up with a sweet, tart, creamy pie filling with a deliciously crunchy graham cracker crust. And let me tell you, it is delightful. What could be better?
Here's how to make it!
(Key)Lime Pie- Makes 1 Pie!
- 1 pre-baked graham cracker crust (my recipe can be found here)
- 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (key lime if you're fancy!)
- Zest of 1 lime (about 1 tsp)
- 2 cups of homemade whipped cream (beat 1 cup of heavy cream until soft peaks form, then add 2 tbsp sugar and a splash of vanilla extract, and beat until hard peaks form)
1. Combine the sweetened condensed milk, lime zest, and lime juice. Mix until well combined, then let sit for 5 to 10 minutes until the mixture thickens up.
Just to note, this recipe will not end up a vibrant green. If you are looking for a color that's more than a hint of green, you can feel free to add in 2 drops of green food coloring at this point.
2. Add your whipped cream to the lime mixture and fold it in.
There ya go! It's done when all there are no white streaks or lumps of whipped cream.
3. Pour the filling into your pie crust and smooth it out with a spatula.
4. Chill your pie in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours, and then serve!
I hope you guys enjoyed reading along, and I hope you get a chance to try this recipe out soon!
Til next time!
Follow me on: