This Mulled Apple Cider embodies fall. It's got the crisp taste of the apples, melded with the warm spices, all heated up into a nice cozy drink. It's perfect to whip up on a crisp fall day, and will make your house smell AMAZING. It's also incredibly easy to make, so we'll dive right into the recipe!
Mulled Apple Cider: Serves 4-8, depending on how big of a serving you would like!
- 1/2 gallon apple cider, or unfiltered apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 pods star anise
- 4 pods cardamom
- 4 black peppercorns
- 8 whole cloves (appx. 1 tsp)
- 12 allspice berries (appx. 1/2 tsp)
- Bourbon (optional!)
Note: You can also totally skip the cheesecloth, you'll just have to strain the spices out later.
2. Pour the cider into a large pot and add the sachet of spices. Then, bring the cider to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the cider has come to a boil, remove the pot from the heat, cover, and let sit for 30 minutes (or more if you want!) to let the spices steep.
How easy is that? This Mulled Apple Cider is a surprisingly-quick-to-put-together fall drink, that's a total crowd-pleaser. And once more for emphasis, it will, legit, make your house smell amazing.
I hope you get a chance to try it out soon!
Til next time!
Follow me on: