By the way, have we talked yet about my obsession with blood oranges yet? Ya'll I think I've got a thing for produce you can only get for a few months a year. Blood oranges are not only stunning, but they taste amazing. The flavor is like a hybrid of oranges and raspberries and I just can't get enough. Their season also happens to run through Valentine's Day, so it's a pretty perfect opportunity to make a dessert, like this one, that capitalizes on their pretty hue!
Now I know this dessert looks fancy, but you can EASILY whip up this dessert at home. All you need is 6 ingredients and some know-how!
For the Panna Cotta:
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest from 1 small blood orange
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
For the Oranges:
- 2 whole blood oranges
- The juice of 1 blood orange
- 1/8 cup of sugar
2. Once the mixture comes to a boil, remove from the heat, cover, and let sit for 20 minutes while the flavors infuse.
5. Put your Panna Cotta in the fridge and let set for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
I hope you get a chance to try this delicious dessert and can utilize these pretty blood oranges while they're in season!
Til next time!
Follow me on: