Man, is it comfort food season, or what? I tell ya, all I want to do lately is cozy up with big bowls of slow-cooked deliciousness. One of my favorite comfort foods is Pot Roast; it's tender, flavorful and incredibly easy to make. This is great meal to make when you're having a lazy day at home, too, because it takes minimal effort, but tastes amazing. Sunday afternoon cooking at its best!
Let's get started!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- alb cut of beef pot roast
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp mustard, preferably dijon
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 medium carrots cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch laminate kale, chopped.
5. After 90 minutes, add the sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, and kale, being sure to arrange them evenly around the meat. Then return the lid to the pot and let simmer for 1 more hour. Go relax some more while that's cooking!
7. Once it's cooled a bit, pull the meat apart into smaller chunks and serve some of the meat and veggies over brown rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles!
I hope you enjoy it!