Now, besides the oats, you can add all sorts of fun stuff to your granola. This time around I added sliced almonds, flax seeds, cocoa nibs, coconut, and dried cranberries. Yum! If you keep the nut/seed and oat ratio about the same you can customize this granola as much as you like.
Are you guys on board? Let's jump in and get started!
- 2 cups rolled oats (I used gluten free oats)
- 1/2 cup sliced, un-roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
2. Add the dry ingredients, excluding the coconut and cranberries, to a large mixing bowl, then mix to combine. The dried fruit will over dry in the oven and the coconut doesn't take long to toast, so you'll be adding those later!
7. Once cool, serve your granola up, or store it in an air tight container for up to 7 days!
I hope you get a chance to whip up some delicious homemade granola soon!
Follow me on: