So, I spent a day or so racking my brain, trying to think what sort of tasty no-bake treat I could make. Well, after some serious time on Pinterest, and some serious time spent thinking of all the no-bake things I've ever made, I came up with this: Raspberry Trifle inspired by the Magnolia Bakery banana pudding recipe and made with waffles (aka the best food ever)!
Seriously, ya'll, this is so good. Sweet, creamy, tart, and rich, but still refreshing! Oh, and did I mention that you don't even have to turn your oven on?
Here's how we roll:
Raspberry Trifle: Serves 6-10
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- Half of a 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk (7oz total)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6-8 frozen waffles, thawed or toasted, then ripped into smaller pieces
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, plus extra for garnish
1. Whisk together the water, pudding mix, and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl. Once well combined, put in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream. Once it's basically unsweetened whipped cream, fold the pudding mixture into the whipped cream until it's well incorporated.
3. In a large bowl (a trifle bowl if you're fancy!), assemble the trifle. Put down a layer of waffle pieces, then add a layer of raspberries, followed by a layer of the pudding mixture. Repeat until your bowl is full or you've run out of ingredients, but be sure the top layer is covered well with the pudding mixture. It's not structurally important or anything, but it sure is pretty that way!
4. Garnish the top of the trifle with raspberries, chill for at least 30 minutes, and then serve!
Anyway, I hope you can try out this awesome no-bake recipe soon- it's so, so tasty and a real treat to put together on a hot summer day.
Follow me on: