These cookies have a dreamy, slightly chewy texture and lots of peanut butter flavor, so they tend to be a big hit.
Want to make them yourself? Here's how!
Makes approximately 24 cookies if you can resist eating the dough. If you can't it'll be more like 20-22. I usually end up with 20-22...
- 1 cup peanut butter (I use creamy, but you could totally use crunchy if that's what you've got!)
- 7/8 cup sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F
2. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugar, and honey with a wooden spoon.
It will take a little while to come together, but you'll know when you're there because the ingredients will form a dough of sorts.
3. Add the egg, vanilla, baking powder, and a pinch of salt and mix until well combined.
4. Measure out a tablespoon of dough at a time and roll it into a ball using your hands.
5. Roll the ball of dough in sugar, then place on a baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the dough. You will need 2 cookie sheets and should place each ball about 2" apart.
6. Press a fork into the cookie dough horizontally, then turn the fork and press it into the dough vertically to create criss cross lines.
7. Sprinkle just a touch of salt on top of each cookie. I like to add the salt because it balances out the sweetness and really brings out all of the flavors. Plus, I just really love things that are sweet and salty!
8. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, then remove the cookies from the oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
9. Once the cookies have cooled in the pan, carefully move them to a baking sheet using a spatula. Using a spatula is important because the cookies are pretty delicate just out of the oven. If you use your fingers you'll smash the cookies so quick you'll feel like the Incredible Hulk (Smash!!!). Moral of the story: use a spatula to move your cookies.
10. Once the cookies have cooled to your liking, have at it.
So there you have it! Delicious peanut butter and honey cookies. Could it be any better? Actually, yes.
Put a scoop of chocolate or vanilla ice cream between two of the cookies and you've got yourself a delicious ice cream sandwich!
Seriously, guys. These cookies are perfect for an ice cream sandwich. Not only do they taste amazing, but they also manage to hold up through to the very last bite!
Til next time!