I thought I had more blueberries than I knew what to do with, so I was planning on coming up with quite a few blueberry recipes. Well, I made a Blueberry Peach Crisp, and ended up eating most of the rest of them by the handful! Fortunately, I had just enough left to whip up this delicious Blueberry Limeade!
It's sweet, tart, and ultra refreshing, so it's a perfect drink to whip up for these last days of summer!
Blueberry Limeade- Makes 1 pitcher full!
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (I used about 4 large limes)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
- 5 cups water (2 warm, 3 ice cold)
- Optional: extra blueberries, sugar, and lime rind for garnish
1. Using a blender (I used my stick blender since my other blender is the worst), puree your blueberries with 1/8 cup of the lime juice.
2. Once pureed, pour the blueberry mix into your pitcher. If your blender isn't very thorough, use a fine mesh strainer to catch any bigger pieces.
3. Add your sugar to the pitcher and stir it into the blueberry puree using a wooden spoon.
4. Add your lime juice and 2 cups of warm water and stir well with a wooden spoon.
5. Taste the mixture and add more sugar if desired.
6. Add the 3 cups of cold water, stir to combine, and pour!
7. Optional: Make your garnish! Cut a long strip of lime rind, curl it up, and skewer it with a toothpick. Roll a couple of berries in some sugar, and add to either end of the toothpick.
Uh, if you want your lime rind to have a pink cast to it like mine, just be a klutz and drop it into your Blueberry Limeade...
Do you guys have any big weekend plans?
Follow me on: